The Varsity team traveled to Plymouth on Friday night and defeated by Salem, 30-22.
for game story courtesy of the Novi News.
for final stats from that game. Click HERE
for season stats.
Game notables (based on stats taken since 2004):
- Emanual Jackson’s 24 points ties a team record previously set by Paul Favorite against South Lyon in 2008. His 4 touchdowns (rushing and receiving) also ties a team record set (once again) by Paul Favorite against South Lyon in 2008. His 181 receiving yards sets a team record previously set by Brandon Bradford (172) vs Livonia Stevenson in 2007. His 228 all-purpose yards is 3rd all time (record held by Paul Favorite-249 vs South Lyon in 2008).
- Jalen Ward’s fumble return of 34 yards sets a team record. Previous mark was set by Brandon Bryant (19 yards) vs South Lyon in 2008.
JUNIOR VARSITY UPDATE at Novi – On Thursday, the JV team (3-1) defeated Salem, 21-7.
FRESHMAN UPDATE at Novi – On Thursday, the Freshman team (1-3) lost to the Rocks, 38-24.
MIDDLE SCHOOL UPDATE at Novi – The 8th grade (Varsity) team lost 14-0 to Waterford Pierce. The score was 6-0 at the half, but the Cats were held out of the endzone for the balance of the game. Kyle Heslop, Nisag Dharia, and Nate Foster stood out for their fine efforts. Next game is Wednesday, at home vs Banks MS.
at Novi – The 7th Grade (JV) team suffered a heart breaking loss to Pierce MS, 16-8. Pierce open the scoring in the first quarter to take an 8-0 lead. The Wildcats answered back when Kyle Henkel score in the second quarter on a 20 yard TD run and the subsequent 2 point conversion. Halftime score was 8-8.
The second half was a defensive struggle. Leading the Wildcats in tackles were Shane Bushnell and Anthony Massari.
With 11 seconds left in the game, Pierce threw a desperation pass in the end-zone and score the winning touchdown.
KLAA Varsity Scores and Standings
- Next Thursday, the Freshmen and JV teams travel to South Lyon East. Varsity will host South Lyon East (0-4) for homecoming on Friday night.
- Photos of all Novi games as well as additional football news can be seen (shortly) atwww.novifootball.org
- Live stats of future games can be seen on the same website, or during games from your mobile phone at www.novistats.com.